la dolce vita.

9/18/07

Marchesa does it right.


Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig certainly knew what they were doing when they launched Marchesa 4.5 years ago. It was almost over night that the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Renee Zellweger were wearing their gorgeous gowns down the red carpet. But I guess if your boyfriend is Harvey Weinstein you can pretty much become a sensation over night. Not to say these ladies don't have the talent, they are overflowing with it, I am just saying that to poll vault over all that starving designer stuff you might want a guy like Harvey in your corner. p.s, Harvey just snapped up long dead but still remembered fondly, Halston. Hopefully he can breathe some new life into this now defunct 70's giant.

This season the ladies have moved away from their tendency toward red carpet wear into the realm of the cocktail dress. I absolutely loved their 2008 spring ready to wear collection. Delicate little lace numbers are just the ticket to make a woman feel her most beautiful. Well me anyways. I give these chics a lot of credit for stepping outside of their box this season. I think it is their best work yet.

No comments: